setting up a personal favorites page

Offer suggestions for making this forum the one you want to visit every day! Maybe even twice a day!!
kevindeluca66

setting up a personal favorites page

Post by kevindeluca66 »

I dont know if this is possible or if it is already available but can we set up a page for each of us to flag certain posts or threads for us to go back to later. I find myself writing down thread titles to go back to later and then losing the paper.It would be nice to have a place to keep a favorites list on our profile page. Anybody agree?
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
tbird

Post by tbird »

Yes it would be nice to have some way to store the info that is important to each of us, from what I have found when I do actually find something using the search the pictures may not be available.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

I also like to go to the thread ok flair birders time to show off and have to search back for it if noone has posted on it lately
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Sorry guys... the forum only uses links for photos as the photos themselves are stored on the website of person that posted them. The forum doesn't actually store any photos. When the photos disappear it is because the person posting them has removed them from his site (or in many cases they use a place like photobucket etc. which is a free area to post photos but you must maintain it at least once a month or the site looses it's link)
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Your best bet for pics of cars or equipment on the forum that you like is to right-click on them, scroll down to "save image as", and keep a copy on your computer. That way it's saved and won't disappear when the owner deletes it from its hosting page. (please adhere to trademark regulations, privacy policies, etc.)
For quick reference back to topics I like, I post something in the thread myself. That way you can always just refer back to your own list of posts to find it, instead of running a search on whatever you MAY remember the title or exact subject matter as being.
(Does that help?)
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Brilliant idea!!!! :smile:
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

bottom left corner of the thread there is a line that says "Watch this topic for replies" click that and it will watch it for you.
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

VicRattlehead wrote:bottom left corner of the thread there is a line that says "Watch this topic for replies" click that and it will watch it for you.
Thanks Keith!
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

For quick reference back to topics I like, I post something in the thread myself

Now we know how you can have almost 1200 posts in 27 months! :shock:
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Terri McNeill wrote:
VicRattlehead wrote:bottom left corner of the thread there is a line that says "Watch this topic for replies" click that and it will watch it for you.
Thanks Keith!

yea but i cant find where you can go look at the watched threads.

but what i do when i want to watch a thread or something i have a folder in my tabs bar and i just save it as a favorite link in a folder for tbird
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Joe Johnston:
TsNStangs: For quick reference back to topics I like, I post something in the thread myself
Now we know how you can have almost 1200 posts in 27 months! :shock:
Its mostly from riding herd on you bunch of yahoos...
:cool:
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

Its not so much about watching a topic that Im talking about but if there is info ( for instance a web site or a name of a company) in a post that I would like to keep for future reference I thought there would be an easy way to backtrack to it. Your idea Dan seems a little bulky if you have as many posts as someone like Alan. I guess I will have to keep it in a more secure place off the computer.
Last edited by kevindeluca66 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABQTBird

Post by ABQTBird »

I dont know if this is possible or if it is already available but can we set up a page for each of us to flag certain posts or threads
All you have to do is go to a thread and add it to your "Favorites" in IE or Firefox since each thread has a unique URL. When you add it to your Favorites, rename it, such as "Carburetor Thread". Then you can quickly get back to it. Save the photos if you need to as answered in a previous reply.

For example, here is the unique URL for this thread: http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/p ... 1334#41334 Not friendly, but it can be renamed.

If you want to save an individual post, copy it and paste it into Word or Notepad, create a directory and store them all in there.

I just realized I posted to a very old thread. No one will probably see this. Oh well.
Tom in Albuquerque
61-63 Forum Moderator
1962 Corinthian White Hardtop, Medium Chestnut Metallic #89 Leather, A/C, P/W
2003 Premium Torch Red/Performance White HT, Partial Accent Interior, 1 of 47.
Past T-Bird: 1960 Convertible, 1974-1978
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Abqtbird- just replying to this bumps the entire thread to the top of the new posts page.
ABQTBird wrote:
I dont know if this is possible or if it is already available but can we set up a page for each of us to flag certain posts or threads
All you have to do is go to a thread and add it to your "Favorites" in IE or Firefox since each thread has a unique URL. When you add it to your Favorites, rename it, such as "Carburetor Thread". Then you can quickly get back to it. Save the photos if you need to as answered in a previous reply.

For example, here is the unique URL for this thread: http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/p ... 1334#41334 Not friendly, but it can be renamed.

If you want to save an individual post, copy it and paste it into Word or Notepad, create a directory and store them all in there.

I just realized I posted to a very old thread. No one will probably see this. Oh well.
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods