Spellcheck?

Offer suggestions for making this forum the one you want to visit every day! Maybe even twice a day!!
Joe Johnston

Spellcheck?

Post by Joe Johnston »

Would it be possible to have a spell check feature added to the menu when we post messages? If space is a problem we could probalby do without a feature or two that appear now, like "Code", "List", "Img", or "URL". Never did meet Url or know what kind of T-Bird he had. :lol:

Just a thought from a guy who fat fingers a keypoard from time to tim.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

i dont think the froum software has a spell check function. Even vB doesnt have spell check that i know of
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

Maybe it's the browser I use (Firefox), but I have spell check when I post and use it all the time.
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

just logged in on firefox and i dont have it. unless your referring to the red underlined words in the message box, thats a firefox thing. safari has it too
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

The mention of Firefox and having a spell check got me to think about this. I have an old computer and a much newer laptop and both use IE and the Google toolbar which has a Spellcheck feature! :cool:

We don't need one on the forum site if we just think and use the tools we already have. I usually don't have a spelling problem, but do have a keyboarding one. Hell I'm so old I learned 'Typing" in high school on a manual Royal typewriter. The teacher had one of them new-fangeled IBM Selectric (I think) with the fancy ball that bounced around!! I still do remember some of the 60's and guess can still learn something new!

Thanks for giving me an idea that works - now if we can get a few others to do it................ :roll:
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

63SR Silver Mink
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

Vic I am referring to the red underline thing. If you miss-spell a word and the red underline shows it, I high light the word then right click and it gives me correct spelling suggestions. It's not totally automatic, but works good for me. JMO, Bob C
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Joe you say you still remember some of the 60's? You weren't doing it right! :happyhippy: :occasion5:
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Graduated from high school in 68 and I have a diploma from college dated 72. I must have attended regularly, but will admit to a few foggy mornings! :oops:

I remember high school well and a couple of girls from NJ in college, but that is for another day! :cool: ;-)

On Topic: Just tried the Google spellcheck and it doesn't like some of our beloved Emoticons. :sad:

63SR Silver Mink