Wanted Exterior Trim 1969 4 door

This area is for posting Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts wanted. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
SABLT194

Wanted Exterior Trim 1969 4 door

Post by SABLT194 »

Need

Landau Bars with good chrome
Rear Bumper Scallop Trim for cars without lower trim rail
stove

Re: Wanted Exterior Trim 1969 4 door

Post by stove »

Pretty sure I saw the bumper trims NOS on eBay recently... Try searching on there with the part number(s)
1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack
SABLT194

Post by SABLT194 »

Thanks Stove,

I took a look at the E-bay trim. They are both for the drivers side. Two weeks ago I had purchased a drivers and a passenger side from a currently "unnamed" company. The transaction did not go well. Boxes were correct part numbers but unfortunately the contents were both for the drivers side. I returned both of them since two drivers side would do me no good at all. As of now, they didn't refund the original shipping charge, didn't refund my shipping costs to send the parts back, then to throw a bit of salt in, they charged me a 20% restocking fee. Remember- This was their fault for sending the incorrect part. So I have no parts and I'm out $91 at this point. I have not started a flame war just yet. :redhotevil: I am giving "unnamed company" another opportunity to do the correct thing. I haven't been able to locate a D0SZ-65291c84-A Passenger Side anywhere.

Regards,
Steve
stove

Post by stove »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252768542120

If those are wrong because of the trim extensions on the bottom, a good trim guy could make that disappear easily.
1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack
SABLT194

Post by SABLT194 »

Thanks for keeping an eye out for these. I actually have that style that I removed from the car. They are a little beat up but certainly repairable. So my current plan is to use the ones I have and put a short (1" or 2") piece of trim on to finish out the opening. I am removing all of the other side trim from the car and will probably put it FS on Ebay when I get this thing done.

I am doing what I call a "Rolling Preservation" All new Suspension components (bushing, etc) front and rear, Blast and POR control arms and frame (As best as Possible). Repair body rust & dents, and complete repaint with a 2 stage white. Motor, Trans, and 9" rear work very good, so it's just cleanup, some gaskets, and fresh paint for them.

Regards,
Steve