'66 power seat and 8-track dash trim

This area is for posting Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts wanted. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
cacockrum

'66 power seat and 8-track dash trim

Post by cacockrum »

Does anyone have a 6-way power seat track/motor assembly they would like to part with?
I would also like to buy the two '66 dash trim pieces needed for an 8-track radio WITHOUT air conditioning.
You can reach me at cacockrum@aol.com
kevindeluca66

Re: '66 power seat and 8-track dash trim

Post by kevindeluca66 »

What is the difference between an A/C car and a non A/C car when it comes to that part of the dash? I have A/C and 8 track and my parents car is 8 track and non A/C and I dont see any difference.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
cacockrum

Post by cacockrum »

You may well be right. I have an 8-track which I would like to install in my car --- which does not have air. I was under the impression, based on something someone told me, that there was a difference, so I thought that I would specify a non-air conditioned car just to be on the safe side. It seems to be a moot point as no one has replied with any parts that they want to get rid of.
jtschug

Post by jtschug »

The opening for the radio is just a little bit larger on 8-track cars, maybe less than 1/4"
1966 Thunderbird Convertible (Emberglo / White-Emberglo)
Modified 428 - stroked, rollercam, aluminum top end, headers
Livermore, CA
Mich 66 Bird

Post by Mich 66 Bird »

SO, the dash trim on the AC car is unique (for the vents) and the 8-track/AM radio is unique to the AM or AM/FM...plus
there was Black Vinyl or Wood Grain....that is the horizontal piece...the piece between the console arm rest &
the radio is unique as it can have power windows, or the radio options!
Steve
66 T-Bird 428 4V Q-Code