Car will not start

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
bwssr

Car will not start

Post by bwssr »

Just the other day I did an oil change on the car. It's a 97 with a 6 cyclinder 3.8 engine. I did an oil change and had trouble because a wire harness that go thru that area were in the way. The new oil filter is a little longer than the older one. I got done with the oil change an started the car and it just died. So I waited a while as I had to clean up anyway. Went out and got it started again. Moved the car to it's parking spot and it died again. I have not been able to start it since. The other thing is I had just filled it up with gas prior to this. Now I am thinking that either I did something to the wire harness or I have bad gas. The wiring harness is surrounded by the plastic flex tube and I have also put a can of seafoam into the gas tank. Any ideas?
I was in the army stationed at Ft. Lewis in November 1973. I bought my 65 Thunderbird near there and was hooked on Thunderbirds ever since.
bwssr

Re: Car will not start

Post by bwssr »

To my surprise it started right up this morning but I am still wondering why it would not start before over the last 2 days.
I was in the army stationed at Ft. Lewis in November 1973. I bought my 65 Thunderbird near there and was hooked on Thunderbirds ever since.