Interior plastics dye...

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
VicRattlehead

Interior plastics dye...

Post by VicRattlehead »

Hey y'all I'm looking to do a color change in my car in the interior. I've gotten a lot of replacement parts in the correct color but there are a few pieces I need to dye. Going from a lighter grey to black/charcoal. I absolutely want to do this only once so I want something that's going to last a while. I don't trust the crap at autoZone/pep boys/etc.

So what brands have you used but most important what worked and where do I get it.

Thanks
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
edpol

Post by edpol »

A lot of guys recommend SEM. Jim Wulf seems to like DuPont interior coatings. I used PPG Deltron DPI several times with good results. I don't know how SEM holds up on door panels where you might rest your arm when the window is open, but DPI holds up without wearing off, and I've heard the same about DuPont.
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

Hey Vic Rattlebrains. Congrats on getting that machine that far along. It seems like only yesterday that it was up on jackstands and waiting for someone to come by and put the manual trans setup into it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.