Climate control is out - Cant seem to find another

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1980-89 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Michael

Climate control is out - Cant seem to find another

Post by Michael »

I have an 86 Turbo Coupe with climate control. The climate ccontrol unit doesnt apear to work anylonger. Anyone know anything about these? Other T Birds didnt seem to have them. The bird is mint with 28,000 miles on her and this is all thats wrong with the car. I would really like to get the ac/heat to work again.
86 Turbo Coupe
65 Landau
91 Super Coupe
72tbird

Re: Climate control is out - Cant seem to find another

Post by 72tbird »

Have you tried e-bay?

I did a search for thunderbird climate control and found several types.

The 86 is compatible with 83-86 Thunderbird/Cougar so you should be able to find on there.

hope this helps.
1972 Thunderbird
1985 Thunderbird
If you can't get there in a Thunderbird, the trip isn't worth taking
86TBIRD

Post by 86TBIRD »

If you find a fix please let me know. My 86 is inop as well. I can't find any info anywhere on a fix.
Thanks in advance, Tom.
Colo66

Post by Colo66 »

The CCU has a diagnostic program built into the unit. I am unsure how to enter the program but its as easy as pushing a couple of buttons. I have a shop manual for the '88s, it might be the same. I will look tonight and post. In the mean time, does any lights/digit flash? Are your vacuum lines under the hood tight and good shape? If air blows from the defroster all the time, look for a vacuum leak. Any other clues that you can provide will be most helpful.
FRAT-MAN-DU

Post by FRAT-MAN-DU »

My 85 Fila had the climate control... There used to be a company in Hemming's Motor News that did a swap for like $150 that was a number of years ago..but worth a look...
65 Coupe
65 Convertible Org Tonneau #14
85 Fila Edition -gone but not forgotten
98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
00 Stang Convert
03 Expedition